Re: got a new welder

To: DLancer7676@cs.com, grbyrns@ucdavis.edu, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: got a new welder
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 06:36:08 -0800 (PST)
Glen,

Flux core wire (.035) will more ofte blow holes
through .22 ga. sheet metal. I believe the thinest
sheet metal you want to weld with .035 flux core is
.18 ga. Personally, I hate flux core. It's good for
outside in the breeze but it's messy, splatters and
the fumes aren't the healthiest either.

You can use either CO2 or C25 (25% CO2 75% Argon) I
use the C25. C25 leaves a very clean weld. You have to
ensure that you get most of the rust off the metal but
hey...you don't want to leave any rust anyway! :o)

Just my thoughts.

Dan Dwelley

=====
Dan Dwelley
77 Midget
64 Sprite (Rotary Project)
Eddington, Me.

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful
servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten
the gift."
- Albert Einstein.