Re: Speaking of Minilites

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Speaking of Minilites
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 21:19:29 -0800
I would like to thank all who responded to my Minilite question.  What I
came away with was that I should change from drum to disc brake for
offset clearance.  I should also use 5 or 5.5 width for fender clearance
when turning.  I guess I'll be changing to disc brakes.  I've got the
suspension from a mid 60's Midget to use for parts for this conversion.
All I have to do is install new bushings, kingpin and swap out the whole
stub axle assembly (rebuilt and repainted of course) with my original
drum setup, right?  Should I also R&R the rear brakes with the later
version?  Are they an improvement also?
Mike MacLean-60 Sprite