Re: No luck yet

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: No luck yet
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 08:19:34 -0500
I successfully bled the clutch on my '79 using a homemade pressure bleeder.
It'd work best if you have a spare cap for your master, which I didn't. What I
used was a bicycle air pump, a needle for inflating basketballs, and a lovely
assistant. Drill a hole in the MC cap large enough for the basketball needle.
Insert the needle, making sure it's a tight fit. Replace the cap, attach the
bicycle pump. Have your lovely assistant give a couple of pumps on the bicycle
pump, then crack the bleeder on the slave and watch the air and fluid come out.
Top up the MC as necessary. The 1500's had that red plastic clutch hose so we
could watch the air being pushed out of the arch in the hose. When I was done,
I put a piece of duct tape over the hole. My car has sat outside all winter,
and the clutch was still good when I started the car up a couple of weeks ago.

Good luck.

-=Chris

Chris King   - cbking@alum.rpi.edu
http://members.home.net/kvcbk/