RE: No luck yet

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net> teamfat2.dsl.aros.net id g2KGZRL25668
Subject: RE: No luck yet
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 11:40:42 -0500 et>
Is it safe to bleed the clutch with the slave cylinder unbolted and hanging
down?  Could it cause any problems?  It'd be a lot easier that way...

I pumped the living h*ll out of the pedal last night, many many times.  I think
my farthest shot of fluid out of the speed bleed valve was about 4 feet.  :-)
I finally put a hose on the thing and have it draining into a bottle rather
than dripping into a pan, and there are no air bubbles at all.  The odd thing
is that it always seems like more fluid comes out than I am putting in.

Next time (Thursday night?) I'll attempt Mike Carpenter's suggestion of pulling
the piston out all the way, but I did work it back and forth a few times last
night.

I am in East Tennessee (Knoxville)...  Sundays and the occasional evening make
up my only free time to work on the cars, which is why the purple car is still
in pieces.  Last time I took time off to work on the car I ended up remodeling
my bathroom, and my garage is still ransacked from that and the bathroom isn't
finished.  :-)

Thanks for the help so far,
Adrian

Finally have a running Midget and I still can't drive it!