Re: Kumho Tires was Spridget Tires

To: "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Kumho Tires was Spridget Tires
Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 14:03:04 -0400 .net>
I used Khumo Victoracers in 205/60 x 13 size (DOT approved)on my Spec 7 Mazda-
wear rate is 50. We are now using the Toyos Proxes RA1 as a spec tire (205/60 x
13)- wear factor is 40. I paid $520 for a set of four (mounted, balanced,
shaved, but not heat treated). The Toyos seem more predictable than the Khumos,
but makes the car a little slower (with me driving anyways!). The Toyos in
185/13 x 13 were the spec tire for the Mazda Pro 7s, I believe... I am not sure
these tires are a very good choice for the street, considering their very fast
wear - and if they get hot enough, they will pick up every bit of junk from the
road.

I have only driven those tires on dry tracks, so I have no idea how they behave
in the wet.

I have the old BFG TA/R1 tires (185/60 x 13)on my Bugeye- I understand those
tires are not available anymore. They work well on my racing Bugeye. They are
not super sticky, but I don't want them to be (I have a welded diff).

Jacques Le Clainche