Re: Non LBC - generator

To: RBHouston@aol.com
Subject: Re: Non LBC - generator
Date: Mon, 6 May 2002 12:07:36 -0500 (CDT)
Cc: awboat@intelos.net, david@vermonthardwoods.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
[demime could not interpret encoding binary - treating as plain text]
> Hydrogen is I guess a natural gas in that it comes from nature, but
I did not
> realize that the gas we all refer to as "natural gas" was Hydrogen.
verda?

It isn't.  Hydrogen is certainly present, but its mostly bound up in
hydrocarbons.

> An article I read a few months ago in either Popular Science or
Popular
> Mechanics indicated the production of fuel cells required more
energy use and
> resulting polution, than they would ever save if they are used to
replace
> combustion engines.

Let alone the fact that the process of obtaining pure hydrogen for the
fuel cell input is very energy intensive.  The problem is that free
hydrogen is so reactive that it doesn't generally exist in nture, so
you have to get it by using energy to break up a stable molecule, and
the energy required to do that is generally greater than that produced
by oxidizing he hydrogen (making a stable molecule again).