more looseness

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: more looseness
Date: Sun, 12 May 2002 22:09:19 -0400
Spridgeteers,

As I wrote earlier, I get slight when I push/pull the left front tire
with my hands at the 3 and 9 o'clock positions. There is no play with
my hands at 6 and 12 o'clock positions, nor is there any play at all
in the right wheel.

I have cinched down the lock nut on the tie rod end. The nut was
solid on the tie rod, so turning the nut turned the tie rod into the
tie rod end. This is now tight, and a lot of the clunk-clunk play is
gone, but there is still a little. And, as noted above, the right
side does not have any such play.

Is a little play ok? If not, what is suspect here? What is the next
item to check. I haven't seen much about this in the manuals.

TIA,

Jeff