Dixon... what a day...!

To: spridgets@autox.team.net, bugeye@yahoogroups.com, midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Dixon... what a day...!
Date: Sun, 19 May 2002 19:06:29 -0700
For those of you that were at Dixon today, I was there, but just barely.
Between getting out of SF with the Bay to Breakers run and the rain that
never stopped, I didn't get there until around 11:30AM. As I turned the
corner onto First street, I saw Glen Byrns sitting about 4 cars back from
the stop sign, with his top down in the pouring rain. I stopped and rolled
my window down in the Traveller and he hollered that everyone was going
home, which was apparent from the line of British cars amongst the traffic
behind him. I told him to wait up and I turned around and followed him home
and visited with him for a while. I couldn't help but chuckle every now and
then as he tried to look over the winscreen as his wipers quit working,
alternately wiping the outside AND the inside of his winscreen with his
hand. We had some coffee, exchanged stories and compared notes between the
two Travellers while he died out from the ride home.

I tried hooking up with the SWAGsters at the Railway Museum, but was unable
to raise anyone on their cell phone, so that was a bust too.

I stopped by Larry Pitts' place on the way home but he was out on another
alternate excursion after being rained out too, so I only got a quick look
at his Bugeye project.

Sorry I missed you all, but hope you had a good time while it lasted.

Gerard