Fwd: Re: Dixon... what a day...!

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Fwd: Re: Dixon... what a day...!
Date: Sun, 19 May 2002 22:13:45 -0700
Hello Fellow SWAGsters and SPRIDGETeers,
Since we had two grandkids with us this weekend we gave Dixon a pass and
headed for the Rio Vista Western Railway Museum (run by BAERA) even though
it was pouring rain! We arrived there at about 11:35 a.m. Rick and Carolyn
Walters and Crash Ramsey were already there. They all piled into our GTRV
and we ate lunch (and they finished theirs) as our other grandson showed up
with his Mom's "s.o." to join us so we could give the other two grandkids
custody back over to him. In our rig we had 8 people and one pup at one
time and had a nice visit.
Then we headed into the museum building, then out to the "car barn" and
then took a train ride through the countryside. All in all a pretty good
time, even with the rain. Then we gave the grandkids and their belongings
over to their "step-dad?" and they headed back to Galt.
The Walters' and Crash and David and I (and our toy poodle Max) went to
Jelly Belly to get sugar fixes. Then Crash headed back to Reno while the
Walters' came on to our house.
My phone had been so busy turning itself off and on and off and on I didn't
get phone calls, but a couple of times it was on long enough to tell me I
had a message. It took two tries each time to retrieve the message. One was
from the Walters and we did see them. The other was from Gerard and he left
Glen Byrn's phone number, which I called and got the answering machine - so
I guess we missed everyone there!
Rick and Carolyn came to our house for awhile and then we went out to
dinner in Petaluma. When we left the restaurant Rick was supposedly heading
south to catch 116 East -- well, you know how fast he takes out of a
parking lot in his LBC!!!! so we were well behind him when we saw him (you
guessed it) head north instead! He hit his
brakes shortly after he got into the on ramp, so he must've realized he had
indeed gone the WRONG WAY RICKIE!! :o)
It was great to see Crash and Rick and Carolyn; very very sorry to have
missed seeing Gerard and Michael and the rest who were "rained out" due to
lack of or insufficient protection from the rain.
Always an Adventure!
Peggy