want a bigger gas tank

To: "mod-spridget" <spridgets-mod@autox.team.net>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: want a bigger gas tank
Date: Sun, 19 May 2002 22:26:25 -0700
Hi

My friend and I were shooting the sh** and he said he put 8 gal of gas in
his RB Midget one day and I said you couldn't do that. We checked the book
and yup it says all cars up TO the RB cars held something like 6 and a half
but the 1500 cars held almost 8 gals. We looked at the tanks and the RB cars
tank was 3/4s of an inch deeper. Today I swapped the one out of my RB parts
car into my CB 1275 and filled it up and yes it took close to 8 gals. I've
just finished putting in a 5 speed with Paul A's kit which was a dream to do
BTW and with this larger gas tank I could get close to 300 miles or more out
of a tank. As far as I can tell the gas gauge works fine too.
This is a real easy way to get a larger gas tank and make those gas stops
less frequent.
Oh yes that parts car also had the 3.7 rear end and that is also in my car.
(G) Gerard, I'm another who will not go back to a 3.9 unless I put monster
big tires on the car.
Jon
73 RWA