RE: panhard rod

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: panhard rod
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2002 15:45:20 -0500
On the Winner's Circle rod, the big support is outboard of the exhaust on
1/4 elliptic cars. There's no rear spring attachment point in the way, so
they moved it out for extra bar length and to avoid fouling the exhaust. It
does NOT use the longitudinal gas tank mounting bolts on early cars, just
the ones running across the car. You have to drill your own mounting holes
for the longitudinal leg of the mounting bracket.  My exhaust has always run
under everything else.

This bar is spherical-jointed and adjustable, but be aware that the first
bar that WC sent me was left-hand threaded on both ends. Oops. They replaced
it, no questions asked; but I was scratching my head for a few minutes
tryting to figure out how I'd messed up the install before I realized that.

Phil