RE: Spark Plugs

To: "J. Le Clainche" <jleclainche@cox.net>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Spark Plugs
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 08:29:40 -0500
Sorry guys I couldn't respond sooner. I'm on the list at work.
The Bosch 2 and 4 tip plugs are not numbered or identified by heat range as
other Bosch, NGK, etc. are. Moving up or down in heat ranges would be
largely a matter of trial and error. The Bosch numbers I provided are by
extrapolation, as I said, by finding a later model car (VW in this case)
which used the same regular Cu plug as the Sprites and which also listed
the various other Bosch plugs as options. We'd have to find a car that uses
B8ES as standard, then find the Bosch equivalent listing, then hope that
Bosch have developed a Platinum plug for that. Unfortunately, Bosch
considers the NGK B8ES a "small engine" (lawn mower) type plug and hasn't
developed a $5.00 platinum version.
         There's always experimentation. But, in my opinion, the B8EV, fine
wire electrode NGK is the best option over B8ES (standard electrode).  BTW,
are you indexing your plugs?
         HTH   Peter C