RE: Spark Plugs

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Spark Plugs
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 15:47:55 -0700
Spridgeteers,

Thanks to all who responded to my spark plug questions. Now I have a few
choices of plugs to try!

Two of you mentioned "indexing"... The only "indexing" I know is for
reloading black powder rifle cartridges- in order to get the most consistent
load possible, one element of reloading involves putting all cases in the
reloader in exactly the same position- one puts a mark on the case (let say,
between two letters on the case head) to give a reference, et voila! That's
easy for a cartridge case, as you just push it in the shell holder, but how
would you do that reliably with a plug which you screw in? Would using a
Bosch 4 tipped plug make "indexing" a moot point... or not?

Jacques,
1878 Borchardt Sharps "Long Range" 45-90
1874 Shiloh Sharps "long range" 45-70
1888 Martini Henry, etc...