Re: attn: members in britain...pleases help re: toneau...

To: Midget/Sprite <midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com>, Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: attn: members in britain...pleases help re: toneau...
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2002 16:56:22 -0700 (PDT)
I apppreciate what the fellow yanks have come up with so
far, but any Limeys(I was told as a child it was ok for me
to use the term as the other boys in our small village kept
teasing me as a yankee....and didn't stop when I proudly
stood up to them saying Yes! I'm from Masachusets(sp), what
are you going to do about it...kept gettng beat up as a
result and have my brother fend off the hourd of english
schoolboys...the principal told ne to just call them
limeys, but it made things even worse...)  responding yet?
;-)  oops! just realized Guy is in merry ol!  ;-0  sorry!

combining what came so far...read on..

--- alan <frogeye@cox.net> wrote:
> Paul,
> We have a guy here in RI who does them for us and custom
> made. he's good and
> reasonable as well. he has templates and can do either
> side in any cilor as
> well.
sounds interesting...what sort of prices does he have? I
was looking for a cheep one for now to get me by as there
is no top at all...or hardware for it...and I'm one of
those wierdos who is happy with the simplicity of that!
...but if the price is decent, I just may go for it.

--- Guy Weller <guy@weller-lakes.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
> Paul,
> MGOC in the UK is currently asking about 80 GBP for a
> full tonneau for
> a Mk 2 Midget (vinyl) - with or without headrest pockets.

this is a mk-I  ;-)  but I gues the price will be the same?
 hoping...unles they ahve a sale on the old ones?

> A lot of the second hand ones I have seen seem to have
> faulty zips -
> be carefull!  I know that you can get zips replaced, but
> allow for
> that in your bid!

good point!  hadn't thought about that...this one appears
to b in good shape from what I can tell, but...depends on
the price really, asn if I get this one, and have to deal
with a bad zipper on top of the rollbar modification, it
may be cheaper to buy new.. hmmm!

--- type79@ix.netcom.com wrote:
> You could always purchase one new from AH Spares in
> England.
> http://www.ahspares.co.uk/
Aha!  good reference...will check with tehm for this and
other parts!  ;-)

Paul
http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com