To blast or not to blast?

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: To blast or not to blast?
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 17:07:36 EDT
Dear list
Got the sand blasting cabinet working. Using Skat Magic Grit. Vennting it
outside, using a squirrel cage blower. Everything seems to work well.
Now what can I  and what can't I blast?
Carbs?
Radiator?
Generator? (I would think that any grit in the bearings would fry it)
Spark Plugs?
Master Cylinder?

I am assuming that powder coating the radiator is a no no. (mess up the heat
transfer?)
Also what will happen to the generator when I cook it to 400 degrees?
Don't think the seals in the master cylinder are going to like that very
either. (but I may be switching over to SIlicone brake fluid, so don't I have
to changbe the seals anyway?)

David Oliner