Re: what about a single 1.5 su?

To: Paul Archibald <androbus@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: what about a single 1.5 su?
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 19:40:36 -0400
Cc: Midget/Sprite <midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com>, Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Paul,

I've been considering this myself. I know in Vizard's book he talks
about this being a good upgrade, even for an engine that is otherwise
stock. Apparently the dual 1 1/4 SUs aren't quite sufficient, even with
a stock engine and it's somewhat poor "breathing" capabilities. His
description boils down to the fact that even though there are two carbs,
the design of the manifold really only allows each cylinder to "see" one
of them. With a single 1 1/2, each cylinder "sees" the effects of having
1 1/2" vs. 1 1/4".

I saw Mike's post too - doesn't Vizard have some association with APT as
well?

HTH!

Eddie

1971 Midget "Bebop"