Re: Timing and Temperature

To: "Larry B. Macy" <macy@bbl.med.upenn.edu>, Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Timing and Temperature
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2002 20:37:38 -0700
Possible clue.  You just put in the new wiring harness, and you have a 1500
model midget, right?  On the old harness, were you bypassing the the
resistance wire to the coil, and running a non-ballast coil?  If you were,
and the new harness was a stock replacement, you may be running a twelve
volt coil on a six volt circuit.  This would result in poor idle due to weak
spark, and might cause the car to run hot.  Just something to check.
David Riker
63 Falcon
70 Torino
74 Midget