Cracked!

To: undisclosed-recipients:;
Subject: Cracked!
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2002 07:35:18 EDT
Well I got the bad news last week, and more last evening.   The head on my
1500 which I took to the machine shop to have magnafluxed and surfaced turned
out to be cracked.  Not a big problem.  I have another head in my basement.
So I start stripping it to take it in for checking and surfacing and guess
what?  Yep--it too is cracked across the #3 cylinder intake valve seat.
Hairline crack on both sides and through the seat.

Anybody ever have any luck welding these up or is it a wasted effort, time,
and money?  Anybody have a good extra 1500 head sitting around holding your
boat to the shore?

--David C.