Re: Re[2]: Free Bass Ale (NOW: BENNIES)

To: w.gilroy@verizon.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Re[2]: Free Bass Ale (NOW: BENNIES)
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 02:06:01 EDT
In a message dated 9/4/02 5:50:06 PM, w.gilroy@verizon.net writes:

<< The current and more widely known expression clamdiggers
have for out-of-towners is "bennies"

There are two schools of thought as to the origination of the "shoobies"
tag. The most definitive treatise on the subject states the expression
"shoobie" is a distinctively South Jersey expression and refers to a >>

Thanks Bill.  I'm sure our beach bums must have a name for those tenderfoots
who show themselves only one day at a time in the summer.  I'd sure never
heard of Bennys though.  Also, thanks for the neat tour--I've never been
there--yet. (http://members.aol.com/sooshii/asbury.htm)

Annice & Bob
1960 Bugeye (Mk. IV in disguise) "The Sprite"
1966 Sprite Mk. III (Still in Boxes) "Trevor"
2000 Miata SE Mahogany "The Miata"
2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo "The Heep"
1991 Lazy Days (Ford) "The Motorhome"