Re: Re[2]: Free Bass Ale (NOW: BENNIES)

To: SDOliner@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Re[2]: Free Bass Ale (NOW: BENNIES)
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 17:13:30 EDT
In a message dated 9/4/02 8:32:51 PM, SDOliner@aol.com writes:

<< What is next a treatise on the N word?

Never liked the any of the ethnic jokes.
Guess I like this one the least.
You guys know your cars, but we never know who might be on the list, do we? >>

David:

I think you are overreacting on this.  I asked a question.  Bill gave me an
answer and cited his source.  It was more than I expected, and I took a
leisurely tour of New Jersey on the source website.  His response, verbatim,
was on the website.  The only ethnicity I see here is the possible Jewish
connection, which was not a joke, just a fact.

Or maybe, you objected to the word I used "turistas", which obviously is
Spanish for tourists.  Now this word may be vulgar or "kitchen" Spanish as
spoken in Southern California, but it has no ethnic slurs attached.  Would
anybody mind if we referred to a trucko or a sacko, or any of the other
English words with an o at the end that are used by English and Spanish
speaking people to communicate.  I don't think so.

It would be nice if we could all just forget the adjectives, hyphenated and
forbidden words and call everyone people or Americans.  Oh yes, and don't use
the word "gay" (which homosexuals have appropriated to describe themselves)
to describe a state of mind in a bunch of roughnecks (any color or shape) or
you will probably get decked.

Who, me.  I'm a 15th generation (British) American with some Irish and French
thrown in.  It was awfully important to my family a couple of generations
back.  But I won't get insulted if you mistake me for an Italian or a BENNY
even though I'm not one.  A "shooby"--Fat Chance.

Annice
1960 Bugeye (Mk. IV in disguise) "The Sprite"
1966 Sprite Mk. III (Still in Boxes) "Trevor"
2000 Miata SE Mahogany "The Miata"
2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo "The Heep"
1991 Lazy Days (Ford) "The Motorhome"