Shipping Returns, No LBC

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Shipping Returns, No LBC
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 15:34:19 EDT
In a message dated 09/09/2002 11:03:59 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
esheffield@i-plus.net writes:

> OK, I know a lot of you folks frequently ship stuff back and forth. Those of
> you who aren't a business, how do you do it economically? I just got back
> from the post office to return a defective scanner I ordered and it cost me
> $22 to ship it from VA to CA! The thing only cost $45 to start with! In the
> past I've tried shipping UPS (through one of those shipping places like
> Mailboxes Etc.) and they seem to charge about %100 premium above the
> standard UPS cost.
>
> What am I doing wrong here?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Eddie

Eddie,

The manufacturer, or retailer you were shipping to should have (could have)
issued a "call tag" with UPS or FedEx Ground.

The driver comes to your home or business and picks up your package and the
aforementioned manufacturer/retailer is charged for the freight.  You have to
have it properly packaged, but your responsibility ends when you had the box
to the driver.

This probably won't always work, but I'd certainly try for it first!

Robert B. Houston

Robert B. Houston

Santa Teresa, NM
'74 Midget
'63 TR4
'03 Beetle

...   Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick
  themselves up and hurry off as if nothing happened."

  - Winston Churchill