Re: NO LBC - Shipping question

To: Billh@aaai.com, Bushwacker4@prodigy.net
Subject: Re: NO LBC - Shipping question
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 15:41:05 EDT
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 09/09/2002 12:41:52 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
Billh@aaai.com writes:

> It's cheaper but in our experience FEDEX Ground seems to "toss" the
> packages more as we've had more damage issues with them than anyone

As I tell my wife when she wants to ship an antique (not me!)...box it up so
that you can throw it down a flight of stairs a few time.  Then it should
make it through either FedEx (my old employer) or UPS...they use almost
identical methods.

Ask me sometime about training package handlers in the hand to surface method
and how to be extra careful about the packages....and then whipping out the
stopwatch and clipboard and checking to see if they are maintaining 1040
packages per hour standard flow rate.

Robert B. Houston

Santa Teresa, NM
'74 Midget
'63 TR4
'03 Beetle

...   Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick
  themselves up and hurry off as if nothing happened."

  - Winston Churchill