Re: Southeastern Classic

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Southeastern Classic
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 19:50:25 EDT
In a message dated 9/9/02 3:01:43 AM, DLancer7676@cs.com writes:

<< Any other Spridget guys or gals going to the Southeastern Classic in
Gatlinburg, TN this weekend? >>

Sure wish I was.  Have a beer for us anyway.  Yep, I remember some of the
correspondence with Roy.  I found out later from Marion Brantley that they
had intended to attend together in Da Buga and that new improvements had been
made to the car.  According to Marion it was his back that was to blame for
them not going.

I received an e-mail from Rita Rogers in April or May that Da Buga might be
put up for sale, but when I wrote back for details (I've only seen the car
once and wasn't sure of things like engines, etc.) she didn't respond.  I
hope her son gave her reason to think he was going to use it and followed up
or that she sold it somewhere else.  If you see Marion at SE Classic, you
might ask him.  I know Roy would have wanted that car to have a good home.

Have fun, work too hard, enjoy the meet, and we'll be with you in spirit. BT
DT and want to again.  Healeys are enough; Healeys and hot rods should be
absolutely fabulous.  "the hills are alive, with the sound of glasspax"

Annice & Bob
1960 Bugeye (Mk. IV in disguise) "The Sprite"
1966 Sprite Mk. III (Still in Boxes) "Trevor"
2000 Miata SE Mahogany "The Miata"
2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo "The Heep"
1991 Lazy Days (Ford) "The Motorhome"