Re: Datsun 5spd.- Redline MTL

To: PilotRob@webtv.net (Robert E. Shlafer)
Subject: Re: Datsun 5spd.- Redline MTL
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 14:27:05 -0700
Cc: midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com, bugeye@yahoogroups.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Gear oils are designed with different properties than motor oils. Something
to do with shear forces. That's probably why you find the MTL to be better
than the Mobil 1

Gerard

>I am not saying that MTL may be the only
>synthetic lubricant out there that will
>minimize this, 'cause I haven't tried them
>all....just Mobile 1.
>
>Further, while this seems to work in today's summer temperatures, I
>don't
>know this will be the case to the same
>extent, as winter makes itself known in
>these parts. I just figure it'll minimize
>the problem, temperature notwithstanding,
>in any event.
>
>I think the fact Redline makes this stuff
>particularly for this application with the  "synchronizers" in mind
>(making the
>synthetic "artificially" less slippery for
>cause) makes the difference over ordinary
>synthetic gear lube?
>

>Cap'n. Bob
>    '60 :{)

Search for Low Airfares, Great Hotel Deals,
Car Rental Discounts and Vacations and Cruises
http://partner.onetravel.com/go/go.cfm?GoID=32421

G G              Gerard Chateauvieux
 E A
  R R        pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com