Re: Datsun 5spd.- Redline MTL

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Datsun 5spd.- Redline MTL
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 18:55:19 -0400
I guess I better start watching out for that noise. I've had the
Datsun 5 speed (Rivergate version) for 4 or 5  years now and
never heard a grind, a growl, or a crunch. Not in any gear. Never
in first, nor when catching a sudden second. Not
even when thumb-shifting third nor slamming fourth. If I remember
right, I'm using whatever synthetic gear lube that Advanced Auto
had on sale years ago. Never changed it after installation. The tranny
came directly from the junk yard to my Midget; no rebuilds no
tear downs (we be tight!). But y'all have me really worried.
I'm gonna go crazy listening now.  thanx, y'all!

chuckc