RE: Acouple of questions

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Acouple of questions
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2002 08:55:46 -0700 (PDT)
Gerard,
Yes, I'm interested in drilling the fuel pump pad for
pressure relief and no, the pad is not currently
drilled. While looking at all the sprites and midgets
at both Tahoe and Palo Alto (that were equipped) I
don't recall just a hole drilled and tapped through
the block at that location with a hose nipple screwed
directly into the block. Most that I recall, usually
have a fixture of some sort attached and the fixture
drilled. I'm only assuming that the blocks were
already factory drilled and that folks were
fabricating a fixture to mount the nipple or a fixture
was necessary to due to localized stressing of the
block. Just curious if I could just drill,tap, and
screw in a nipple or if it was a machine shop job and
if I would have to fab a fixture in which mount a
nipple to.

Larry Pitts
60 Bug