Re: Hello

To: RBHouston@aol.com, argelion@epcc.edu
Subject: Re: Hello
Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2002 10:34:42 -0700
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net, midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com
Robert,

I have not personally done a kit car, but my good friend Chuck has and I
have beenaround a lot during it's construction (helped a little too). I
have also seen and talked to others. For starters, they are NOT for the
faint hearted, You expect that everthing is just made to bolt together, but
it's NOT SO. You either need a FAT checkbook or have ALL the automtive
building skills from welding to bodywork. Have him talk to other people
who've built the same car (whatever he picks) BEFORE he invests any money.
My friend Chuck has been building his Ginetta for coming up on 4 years and
he has BOTH the checkbook AND the skills. It's still not done as there are
constantly problems that need to be solved or waiting for parts or someone
else's skill time.

See pix here:

http://www.gerardsgarage.com/GarageContent/Chucks_Ginetta.htm

The shop where my '68 is being painted has a photos of a project they did
of a kit reproduction of the James Dean car, a 550 Spyder (fiberglass). I
can see if I can find out more about who distributes the kit if you're
interested.

Gerard

At 10:45 AM -0400 9/21/02, RBHouston@aol.com wrote:
>Anybody done a kit car or know anyone that has that can help my friend?
>
>AJ...I have forwarded your message to the AH Sprite/MG Midget groups I am on
>the internet with...hey have a wide knowlege of almost anything car
>related...perhaps they can help.  I've looked at the Speedster kits myself,
>and with brank new VWs available in Juarez, you could have a practically new
>car!
>
>Robert Houston
>

>In a message dated 9/20/02 6:56:53 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
>argelion@epcc.edu writes:
>

>> Hello Robert
>> The Buick looks good (I say you should get it) Don't tell Michele I said
>> that though.  I was writing to you because Michelle said you were into old
>> cars.  Well for a long time I have been looking into getting a VW or a Kit
>> Car.  I have been looking for a VW Bug a 50s - 69 model (convertible) that
>> I could fix up (still looking).  I have also been looking into building a
>> Kit Car (a Porsche speedster 357 or 50s model).  I have been doing some
>> research on the kit cars but can't find a newsgroup or a good source of any
>> kind of where I can get a good complete KIT Car.  Well I was just wondering
>> with your car collection contacts maybe you can give some insight or help
>> of where I can find one of these project cars.  I am not looking for a
>> completed restored one unless its at a decent prices but mostly want
>> something I can work on.
>> Here is a link to some of the best sites I have seen that show what I want
>> (Porsche kits)
>> http://www.kitcar.com/vintage/home.html
>> http://www.kitcar.com/
>> Thank you
>> AJ
>> PS this is my home email address ajnavarro@sbcglobal.net
>>

>Robert Houston
>
>There is no better tonic for the heart than making a child smile.

Search for Low Airfares, Great Hotel Deals,
Car Rental Discounts and Vacations and Cruises
http://partner.onetravel.com/go/go.cfm?GoID=32421

G G              Gerard Chateauvieux
 E A
  R R        pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com