a chuck's weight update no LBC 453lbs to 284lbs!

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: a chuck's weight update no LBC 453lbs to 284lbs!
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 01:22:15 -0400
ok gang here it is a long awaited 5 month post surgery update on my
progress.
as of today i am now oficially free of all my diabetic medications! (blood
tests earlier this week were reported tome via phone by the Dr's nurse this
morning!)
also i weighed myself this morning and the digital scale read exactly
284lbs! that is 100lbs lost in 5 months since surgery.
my only remaining medication besides vitamins is my inhaler for my asthma.
this is needed far less than i ever remember since i have been using the
same medication for well over 20 years  now!
if i stopped loosing weight tomorrow i'd still classify this as a complete
sucess!   i have lost a total of 169lbs over the last year and a half and am
free of the blood pressure and diabetic medications.   i have about 60-70lbs
left to loose to get to my personal goal weight , but the Dr. has done the
age/height thing and determined i'm to be around 176lbs!  no way!
200-220lbs and i'd be happy!  i fear that down to that ideal weight i would
look drawn and unhealthy.   as it is now people are telling me i
look"right".  i have no intentions of going too thin and becoming unwell or
unhealthy.   i was just there on the other end of the spectrum and do not
choose to go there.
so protien, water and some veggies/fruit are the order of the day here as it
will continue to be.
i do thank evryone for their support!  this is not easy and with many
considered a very bad thing to do(gastric bypass surgery).  but it is
working for me and that is all that matters.

chuck
formerly the world's largest sprite driver......heading for a degree of
normalcy(what ever that might be?...LOL!).......c.   :)