Re: gas milage

To: TeachJP@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: gas milage
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 10:25:12 EDT
In a message dated 10/1/02 6:52:16 AM Eastern Daylight Time, TeachJP@aol.com
writes:

> I just feel that I should be getting
> better milage, I ran out of gas last year (luckily with the club to help
> rescue me), because, of course, the fuel gauge is very inaccurate.  I
> appreciate your thoughts on it.

- - - - - - - - - -

John,

I have basically the same car, except for the headers.  I figure I get about
20 to 25 MPG.  My driving tends to be...shall we say...spirited?  Did you
check for leaks?  Is there any smell of gasoline?

Having had many cars with poor fuel gauges, I would fill the tank and write
down the odo reading, then fill it every time you go 100 miles or so.  You
won't run out that way, and once you get used to doing it, it becomes second
nature.

Allen Hefner
Philly Region RoadRally Steward
Merchandise Chairman