Re: HS2 Float Level and RB Accelerator Pedal

To: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>, "Frank Clarici" <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Subject: Re: HS2 Float Level and RB Accelerator Pedal
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 20:00:20 -0500
> I am so used to having the plastic floats leak from the overflow, I
> didn't even think about the "too low" fuel level.
> You don't have gross jets do you? Those round ball float valves?
> They may be too long.
> Double up the lid gaskets.

No, I don't have the GroseJets.  Haynes says that the gap should be 1/8" to
3/16", but mine were just over 1/4"! I put the floats into the carb tops
that I swiped the older floats from and they were close to the right height,
so I guess the inlet valve assemblies must be too tall as you conjectured.
Dabvid Lieb
Too Many RWAs