RE: Wire wheels x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Wire wheels x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2002 20:46:47 -0500
Dave, Rick -
You can get all sizes of welch plugs from NAPA.  The early spitfires and
sprites use welch plugs for freeze (core) plugs on the motors instead of the
cup type plugs.  After much looking for the plugs for my spit from Brit
suppliers with no avail, a chance try at NAPA proved successful.

Bill

Dave,Rick wrote:

In this instance, a welch plug is a circular flat piece of metal with a
slight dome to the middle.  <SNIP>

I don't know where you could get
one now, all I had to do was to go to my friendly JRT dealer who had them in
stock (I said it was 20 yrs ago).

<SNIP>
"Where do you get a Welch Plug?"