Early GAN1 Midgets

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Early GAN1 Midgets
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 17:22:03 +0100
Hi again,

I have an early GAN1 Midget, GAN1 1266, first registered in July 1961. I'm
finding it very hard to obtain a copy of Original Sprite and Midget as it's
out of print right now. Can someone with a copy clear something up for me
please?

My Midget has the seats shown
https://secure.ahspares.co.uk/cgi-bin/parts/showpart.pl?part=XUPY107 as
belonging to the Mk1/Mk2 Sprite, and not the Mk1 Midget Pattern shown in the
same image. They are Blue/Light Blue Piping, the Car being originally and
still Clipper Blue. Did all the early GAN1's have this MG pattern from day
one, or did the very early cars like mine also use the same seats as the
Mk1/Mk2 Sprites?

I'm guessing someone has probably supplanted the seats for AH ones of better
condition at some point in it's life.. Can someone clear this up for me
please? :) The seat covers desperately need replacing and I want to make
sure I order the right type.

Cheers,
Neil