Re: Newest MG??

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>, Jay Shaffer <shaf@zenten.com>
Subject: Re: Newest MG??
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 10:35:06 -0400
I didn't think there was any connection between MG/Rover and Ford or anyone
else for that matter after being sold by BWM to the Phoenix consortium for 10
pounds a couple of years back.

>From the article on the car in question:
"The independent carmaker, fighting to break even in 2003 after being sold two
years ago by Germany's BMW for just 10 pounds,..."

Note "independent". On MG/Rover's web site they also emphasize independent.

But the whole business is so intertwined these days, it's hard to tell. I
didn't know until recently that the new MINI engine is being by
Daimler-Chrysler in Brazil.

Eddie
1971 Midget - "Bebop"

From Jay Shaffer <shaf at zenten.com>