Warning! LBC Content!

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Warning! LBC Content!
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 10:20:35 -0500
Sorry, no guns, gourds, or cats here! Just some LBC ranting. Sorry to
disappoint everyone!

FINALLY getting Bebop put back together after getting the last of the necessary
parts. If you recall I started out swapping the trans for a rebuilt one and
fixing a few leaks (front seal, timing cover, pan, etc.) Became a bit more
involved after I found lots of interesting DPO tricks.

Anyway put the pan back on last night. Kind of an aggravation, actually. Haynes
said to tourque to 20 lb-ft. Nothing in Bentley. So I went with Haynes. Had a
new "fitting kit" from Moss (bolts, lock, and oval washers) and they would not
take 20 lbs. One broke (able to get it out) and the others stretched like mad.
OK, back to the old bolts. They were better, but a few of those stretched too,
so I stopped wrenching them. Probably about 15-17 lbs on them. So is Haynes
wrong? Or do I just have crappy bolts?

Anyway, I hope they're OK. Also reinstalled the front plate, cam retainer, and
timing gears and new chain. Need to go get a socket this afternoon for cam nut
and crank bolt. They appear to be the same size - is that right?

Eddie
1971 Midget - "Bebop"

--
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not
sure about the former."

-- Albert Einstein