Re: Warning! LBC Content!

To: "Paul A. Asgeirsson" <Pasgeirsson@worldnet.att.net>, esheffield <esheffield@i-plus.net>
Subject: Re: Warning! LBC Content!
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 09:31:56 -0800
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Paul -

It should be noted that if you 'over-torque' a sump bolt, you can "pull-up"
the threads in the block.  When I first removed the sump on my '67, I ran
my finger along the mating surface.  Every hole had a raised lip.  After
touching them lightly with a countersink, the surface was smooth and the
sump sealed up pretty well (after I beat the rock dents out of it).

Clay L.
'67 Sprite