Re: Warning! LBC Content!

To: esheffield <esheffield@i-plus.net>
Subject: Re: Warning! LBC Content!
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 08:07:39 -0800
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Hi Eddie,

As a general rule, the tightness of grade 5 bolts is based on it's size.
1/4"=6lb ft, 5/16"=14lb ft

The "Sump retaining bolts" call for 6 lb. ft.  Any more than that, there will
be stretching of the oil pan lip and poor sealing.  This will be the same for
the small bolts on the timing chain cover.  Be sure to center that piece before
tightening any of those bolts.

The centering is easy.  Start a few bolts in the timing cover less than finger
tight, then slip the crank pulley on and tighten a few bolts with light torque.
 Take off the pulley and do the rest of the bolts.

Paul A