Re: Spridgets-mod revisited

To: pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Spridgets-mod revisited
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 19:38:18 EST
In a message dated 12/12/02 3:40:37 PM, pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com writes:

<< I have no idea what anyone's motives are regarding the two lists. I
subscribed to Spridgets-mod originally in case there were technical
discussions that would go on outside of the Spridgets list. That's all. As
you know, I tend to travel in those circles more than the off-topic stuff. >>

Hi Gerard.  I tried to be very careful not to sound critical of you or anyone
else concerning the mod list.  However the fact that it was still around has
confused me a bit, since most of the people who usually have the answers are
on the unmodified list, and the 12 hour turnaround, if that, answer back rate
still holds.  It never occurred to me that some of you might be on both lists.

I had first thought, like Jay, that Mark's post was to indicate that the mod
list was being disbanded for lack of interest.  It does seem a shame that we
have achieved something pretty special with the unmodified list, and that
Mark seems determined to turn it into an all-technical list for the benefit
of a few people who seem to want it that way.

I'm sure we do use more bandwidth than we have to.  A year ago, I suggested
that somebody figure out a set of rules for making our posts less
wasteful--such as not duplicating the whole post being replied to on every
correspondence.  I'm sure there are others.  No such post has ever come
through and virtually every reply duplicates the whole post it is answering.

As you point out, there are many listers whom I count as friends, many whom I
count as good people that I have or have not met face to face.  I don't think
we have any ax killers, although Brad's attitude about little furry things
does leave something to be desired.  I'd hate to see it and the camaradarie
that it brings go away.

Annice & Bob
1960 Bugeye (Mk. IV in disguise) "The Sprite"
1966 Sprite Mk. III (Still in Boxes) "Trevor"