Re: Spridgets-mod revisited

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Spridgets-mod revisited
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 20:06:31 EST
In a message dated 12/12/02 4:02:42 PM, Dbcooper292 writes:

<< So is your position that it's some kind of covert plot to try to bring the
focus of an MG AH Sprite list to be on MGs and AH Sprites?

I'm not necessarily disagreeing it just seemed kind of funny to see someone
accused of relevance like it was sneaky.

What do you call it when someone believes in sticking to a subject, attention
excess disorder or something? >>

That has always been the focus of the group and there is nothing covert about
it.  And the sneakiness comes in with an attempt to banish absolutely all
irrelevance.  About a year ago in response to a few people's complaints, the
moderated group was formed,  It has not, apparently, been terribly popular,
despite the fact that some of the best minds were involved in that list as
well as the unmoderated one.  I do consider it somewhat sneaky that since
that experiment has been largely unsuccessful in terms of moving everyone to
a moderated list, majordomo now appears to feel that he should moderate and
spoon feed the relevant material from the unmoderated group to the moderated
one.  Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out how that's likely to go.

Bottom line is, I feel that this stroke is dooming the unmoderated list, and
that majordomo is not likely to listen to what we have to say on the subject
at all.  I'm sorry about that, but if it comes to pass, I'll really miss you
guys.

Annice
1960 Bugeye (Mk. IV in disguise) "The Sprite"
1966 Sprite Mk. III (Still in Boxes) "Trevor"