Painting over Waxoyl?

To: Spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Painting over Waxoyl?
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 09:39:39 -0600
I don't have my box/can of Waxoyl handy to answer this question.  Can
you paint over it once it "cures", or is it never cured to a point where
paint will stick to it?  I'm curious because of the appearance of the
rust inhibitor on the exposed and painted inside seams of the engine bay
of my original paint on my '59 Bugeye Sprite  looks like the paint
eventually releases or is decomposed by the solvents in the material
used on the seams.  If I were to remove this inhibitor, which appears to
be still doing the job it was intended to do, and replace it with
Waxoyl, could it then be painted?

Tim C.