Re: Painting over Waxoyl?

To: "Robert E. Shlafer" <PilotRob@webtv.net>
Subject: Re: Painting over Waxoyl?
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 21:57:11 -0500
Cc: type79@ix.netcom.com, Spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
"Robert E. Shlafer" wrote:

> Hi, jf-
>
> As I understand it, POR-15 is designed to
> "stop" rust

That's right, and M&Ms are "designed" to melt in your mouth, not in your
hand. Just ignor those multi colored marks on your palm.
And like most "designers" they NEVER even try what they design.

> Frank says the floors
> will "quietly" rust away and I'll find myself
> sitting on the road one day!

It happened to me. Well only my feet were hanging out in mid air.
I PORed both sides of a rusty footwell, the rust continued between the
*stuff* and finally met the end of the seam when it promtly fell out.
Painted beautifully on both sides.
Oh and as far as painting over the stuff, you'll have a better chance of
painting Waxoyl.
The ONLY cure for rust is to get rid of it.
Just like any cancer, 2% are cured with treatment, 98% have to have it
cut out.
--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ