Re: Painting over Waxoyl?

To: Spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Painting over Waxoyl?
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 10:46:09 -0800
This has been covered before, but I don't remember  the responses.

What's the purpose of using POR-15? If you remove all traces of rust, treat
with a rust inhibitor, and properly prime and paint, aren't you left with the
same protection and possibly a better finish?

I've never used the P-aint O-ver R-ust products and have never had a problem
with rust developing again.

(I suppose this highly technical question minus the parentheses will also
appear in duplicate on the Mod Squad List.)

jay fishbein
61 Innocenti Spider 950
63 Pink Mk II
74 Midget 38,000 miles
03 MINI Cooper S (delivery tomorrow. YeeHah!)
http://home.ix.netcom.com/~type79/