Re: SUV rage

To: kgb2@centurytel.net
Subject: Re: SUV rage
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 13:22:30 EST
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 10/01/03 12:37:51 PM, kgb2@centurytel.net writes:

<< I found that a 1Ton
crew cab better met my needs since I carry more hay & grain than I do people,

Kate,
I think the point that some of the people, like myself, who think that
Detriot could do a better job a fuel efficiency, is that a lot of the gas
guzzlers are used in such a way that is wasteful of the limited resources
that the earth has.  I have no problem with a person who drives a suburban or
a big pickup who actually use the space and the pulling power for the use it
was intended.  I drive a minivan, it is the smallest vehicle that will pull
the small (17') travel trailer that i own.  I use a minivan rather than a
smaller pickup because my coaching duties sometimes require me to drive 5 or
6 track people to a meet or to carry the equipment from one place to another.
 I also have a daughter, grandson and his father that I have to cart around
when they are here on the right coast (along with two sons and their SOs)  A
suburban would be overkill and wasteful for me.  I originally purchased a
Sprite in 1969 because they got good gas milage and my insurance company
considered them for an insurance discount (poor power to weight ratio).  I
guess what I'm saying is that most people who are concerned about this issue
would not have a problem with your use.  The problem is sitting in traffic
with a line of one-driver, 10mpg, things with the driver talking on the cell
phone and missing the light again!
JP
John Poynton
79 Midget "Yellow Fever"