Re: SUV rage

To: TeachJP@aol.com
Subject: Re: SUV rage
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 10:47:32 -0800
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
My question is, how do you know what the behemoth with a single driver is on
their way to do? I drove my truck to work on the days I needed to pick up hay to
save the extra 80 miles that coming home and changing vehicles would cost me.
That made me a solitary driver in a huge vehicle until I actually had my hay on
board and people could see the reason for the truck. In my defense, I do not own
a cell phone and, if I did, I would never use it while driving. I am actually
more comfortable driving the truck, in part because I am used to driving a large
vehicle and like being able to see over all the mini vans and 4 Runners, etc. I
also like the survivability factor should I be in an accident. However, in the
MG
or the Neon, I have a better chance of avoiding the accident in the first place
due to the maneuverability of the smaller vehicle. I think my point is, you
drive
what you like, and I'll drive what I like. I don't even let my husband pick out
my vehicles for me. Never have, never will. If gas prices go too high, I can
always ride my Appaloosa and get wherever I need to go.

Kate