car moving trick

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: car moving trick
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 12:16:59 -0800
Another thanks to the list, the car moving trick worked like a charm.
I needed to put the Austin in the garage sideways at the back of the garage
while I work on it and still leave room for the bugeye and Morris to get in
and out every day.  As someone on the list suggested I sprayed no-stick
cooking spray on the cement floor along the path the tires would take as I
push it around sideways.  Put my butt to the side of the car grabbed the
wheel arch, lifted, and away we went!  It was perfectly positioned in less
than 5 minutes to the amazemant of my neighbors and the wife.  Just be sure
to have a towel handy when your feet get to the oily patch as you progress.
My comic, arms-waving, near-fall was apparently quite amusing to the crowd.

Regards,
Glen Byrns
'59 bugeye
'59 Morris Traveller (Winifred)