Re: tech questions

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: tech questions
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 19:15:51 -0500
Many years ago I used one of those kits to "weld" a repair in a Yamaha
motorcycle crankcase.  It worked great.  The repair was solid, didn't leak
oil, and didn't crack over the next 10,000 miles I rode the bike before I
sold it.

Maybe the grade of aluminum alloy you are trying to weld makes the
difference between success and failure.

BTW, I had a metalurgist friend take a piece of the "aluminum" welding rod
to work and analyze it - it was almost pure zinc, no aluminum in it at all.

Rick

> Dbcooper292@aol.com wrote:
>
> > Have you ever seen those kits at fairs and stuff that purport to > allow
aluminum, etc. welding with a plumbing torch?