Re: LCB header won't clear steering!

To: "Guy Weller" <guy@weller-lakes.freeserve.co.uk>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: LCB header won't clear steering!
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 20:58:12 -0500
cut and weld with tubing isa very frightening experience for most as it is a
"do or die" job.  getting the heat right and not having the tubing fall away
at the last moment while trying to feed in the fill material is a real hoot!
let alone holding the assembly in alignment so when it cools so you have not
created a frankenstien monster .
i have a lot of tubing fabrication experience (tube chassis race car
fabrication and repairs) and do not fear this type of project.  cutting the
tube at the flange is not a highly reccomended method as it usually is put
through the flange ad either welded in the port of the flange or welded
externally atthe flange.   this creates a problem in reattaching it due to a
preexisting weld .  the easiest way to attack the needed modification is to
literally cut out that sectoin and get some same size tubing and weld back
in a repair.   the amount of weld that ends up actually in the tube is
minimal and has little to no effect on the flow of the tube for exiting
gasses.   now acute angles i the replacement tube piece are a problem but if
a gracefull curve is used no flow will be restricted at all and you retain
the tuned tube length to near it's original intended length.

chuck.
a guy with a welder and a mission.....  :)