Re: garage engine puller

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: garage engine puller
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 16:21:03 EST
In a message dated 2/7/03 8:08:12 AM, grbyrns@ucdavis.edu writes:

<< For the last
four years I've been using a steel cable hoist that I got from the local
hardware store for about $60. >>

That makes real sense.  We did something similar when we restored the Sprite
in 1996.  We usually both work at it as it goes faster if one operates the
hoist and the other steers the assembly in the right direction.  But one
person could certainly do it.  For some strange reasons, it took four times
to get the assembly in correctly, and we would have spent a fortune on engine
hoists.  See, those analytic scientific minds ARE good for something.

Annice & Bob
1960 Bugeye (Mk. IV in disguise) "The Sprite"
1966 Sprite Mk. III (Still in Boxes) "Trevor"