Re: garage engine puller

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: garage engine puller
Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2003 08:52:38 -0600
I agree that HF is great as a source of relatively inexpensive equipment for
occasional use. I would never be able to justify the cost of the
"professional" equivalent to the things I have gotten from HF.
Caveat Emptor is available there in job lots ;-)
Some of their trash is useful. They have a stupid little 12vdc "impact
wrench" for removing lugnuts that is generally around $20. It is not
something with any use other than changing tires, but it is so nice to have
one of those in my daughter's car and in my SO's car, etc. How many times
have your friends been in a situation where some gorilla put the lugnuts on
with the torque maxed out on the impact wrench? This little thing is not
elegant, not is it fast, but my daughter can change her tires with it even
when the gorilla put them on. To me, it is a peace of mind factor to
minimize the number of times they are stranded and helplesss on the side of
the road.
David Lieb
Yes, it comes in a plastic case with an assortment of sockets including the
one for the Spridget.