RE: Renault- no LBC

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Renault- no LBC
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 08:00:46 -0800
It was called "Floride". My uncle was a Renault dealer in France for 40
years. His son became a Peugeot dealer.

I had two small Renaults in the late 60s-early 70s. Slow, poor handling,
very basic interior and instrumentation - but very reliable and cheap to
run. I took my first one (a 1956 Renault 4cv with a 750cc engine) across
Europe in 1968 in a 3,000 miles road trip... it never let me down in four or
five years of ownership.

Jac

Every Renault I've ever seen over here in the US was very eviromentally
friendly.  They never ran so the never pollunted.

I did covet one of those sports bodied open two seater Daupine based doodles
one.  It was a mostly aluminum body that had a warning lable on the door
frame reminding the owner not to jack up the car with the door open or it
might bend in the middle!  What was the name of that cutie????

---