Re: SUV

To: Andrew Weaks <awboat@labyrinth.net>
Subject: Re: SUV
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 23:23:43 -0500
Cc: "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Where in the constitution does it tell you you have the right to tell
me what I can and can not do. With the exception of committing harm to
the physical person of another. It does not. Including forcing me to
wear a helmet on a motorcycle. If I wanna take the risk, it is my right.

The fact of the matter is that invoking the Constitution in this
discussion has no bearing on the issue. The Constitution was written by
a bunch of very wise men. They decided NOT to create a bunch of
specific laws, but rather to create a  general framework for a society
that they had no idea how it would develop over the years. It is the
legislative branch that went nutso with specific laws.

BTW to the best of my knowledge all of the framers of the constitution
smoked one form of tobacco or another. And Washington grew hemp.

Now about committing suicide, which is illegal in all 50. I have no
idea how they would prosecute that tho.

Larry

--

Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.
macy@bbl.med.upenn.edu

The bottom line: Sure, there's pain in adopting the Mac. But if I accept
that, I get to use a computer that works, and that pretty much does
what I
expect and want a computer to do.
Stewart Alsop
FORTUNE.com